Opportunities at the hockey shop
Read below to learn what it takes to be a part of a team that's passionate about helping people enjoy and improve at cycling, lacrosse, and hockey. If you think you have what it takes and are excited at the thought of working here, fill out the Job Interest Form (at the bottom of this page) to start the application process.
What's It Like to Be Part of the Team?
Being a Reason for People to Visit
- Create an atmosphere that customers enjoy being a part of.
- Help customers find what they need but also being aware of when customers want to shop in peace.
- Engage the customer: shoulders back, chin up, great eye contact.
- People want to be served by happy, energetic people!
- Practice mindfulness on a daily basis to better connect with customers.
Sharing Our Story Like Wildfire
- If you truly believe that The Hockey Shop can be a great place to shop, then it would be a favor to your friends and family to get them to check us out!
- Be a part of a community that wants to hear your story with The Hockey Shop.
- Take great pride in the smiles we help make for our customers.
Walking the Talk
- Consistently learn more and more about the products we do - and don't - stock on our shelves and how these products affect their users.
- Show great willingness to learn about sports and services that are unfamiliar to you.
- Be an active participant in at least one relevant sport.
Hustling to Make the Play
- Arrive to work punctually to start your shift on a good note.
- Complete all the daily tasks it takes to produce a great performance.
Teams Win Championships
- We set it up so that the best way to produce personal successes is to accomplish team goals.
- Teams are at their best when all the players are motivated to succeed as a team and are aligned by focusing on the same goal.
The information above is what we hope motivates you. Below are some of the other details about working here.
Investing in Yourself
- Become very knowledgeable of exciting sports and their products.
- Gain transferrable job skills, such as sales, merchandising, and more.
- Cash in on paychecks that are based on your performance.
- We use a flexible scheduling system.
- We place you in the roles/positions that fits your skills and interests.
Are you excited by what you read? If so, we'd love to hear from you:
The Hockey Shop is an equal opportunity employer.